"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Heart Martha Plimpton

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I had no idea who she was when I was watching the now canceled Raising Hope, and when I looked her up on imdb I thought, whoaaaa. She's been in everything!

She has three Tony nominations AND three Emmy nominations, and she was my absolute favorite part of Raising Hope. Well, her and Garret Dillahunt's relationship (one of the few sitcom wife/husband teams where they still very much liked and loved each other!)

via by Ramona Rosales for Buzzfeed
Here is a fantastic interview on Buzzfeed by Kate Aurthur
about Martha and her extended career. A MUST read!

 

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine met Martha Plympton at a film festival a few years back. He went up to her and told her how great she was in various movies he'd seen her in over the years.

    Whoever she was with, agent or manager or something, tried to rush her along...there were important people at this event to meet after all.

    She hushed her cronies...and said "Not now. I'm talking to this guy. Guys like him are the reason I do this." And talked to my friend for awhile about her different adventures over the years.

    A class act all the way. And one of my favorite actoresses. The variety speaks for itself!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.