"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, June 11, 2010

Success!

So the free class I was promoting with William O'Leary was a huge success! I knew almost everybody and because of that, was able to offer them a spectacular deal. Woot!
If you weren't able to make it but are still interested, keep Wed, June 30th, 7pm-9pm open. We may do another one....
See my email on the right --->
to sign up.

In other news, the submissions I mailed have so far resulted in 0 meetings. I did have one manager write me back, though, and what she said was pretty unbelievable. 

In other news, that little pilot thing where I played a hipster, The Happies, that had been pushed back indefinitely, (which to me, meant dead as a door nail) is now back! We have a tentative schedule for the end of the month, and we are going to now do the full thirty minute episode instead of the presentation reel! Hooray! They believe they'll eventually have it online for your viewing pleasure, so once that happens, you know I'll be link happy and giving you plenty of ways to find it.

I will also be location scouting this Sunday with webseries producer Tanya Giang! She decided to go SAG herself, and wrote and is producing a very clever vehicle for herself and her union card, called "Busted". She asked me to help and be in it (no audition required! woo hoo!) and we shoot at the end of the month! I play a ditzy best friend and am super excited! It's a very clever script. Super proud!

So with Busted, Hollywood & Highland, and now The Happies all happening, I've got me some things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.