"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Cleaning

The struggling actress in me NEVER THROWS ANYTHING AWAY. Until today. I'm summer cleaning and I found the proof sheets from my first headshot shoot from 2003. And Egads! Oh, all the mistakes I made, all the expen$ive mi$takes I was making. It's like I just up and threw away $500. So I'm going to relink Headshots 101 because it really does bear repeating.

Especially for you actors who are seeking or have gotten new representation and need new photos. And always rememeber to ask your agent to be super specific with what they want for your new pictues; they should know exactly what they need in order to sell you to get you those auditions. If they don't....well, the cycle of submissions should start again.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to try Mikel... I've got her number to give you :)

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.