"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trying to Stay Positive

Spoke to two other actor friends last night who are also looking for theatrical representation and also unsuccessful. Sigh. Anyone want to recommend one? I'm running out of ideas. I had even posted a blurb on Facebook, looking for love/hate stories about people's agents, but I forget that not everyone is an actor, as two out of the three people who replied griped about their real estate agent.

I didn't talk much about the day on set of "Post Partum Depression." It was a lot of costume changes, I remember that. But most of the day was spent changing clothes and crying while holding a fake baby. This is what I got a degree in pretend for, folks! I was great. And we finished right on time. Because we were going so fast, I again, didn't ask anyone to take my photo, which is such a bummer. Ah, well.

Have a non-union audition tomorrow for Overstock.com. Should be fun! Especially since, I kid you not, I am going for a "pregnant young mom." What is it about my headshots that scream Festering Child In Womb? I rush off from work and zoom over there. I have to look "hip and trendy," which I am not, and always takes me forever to figure out how I can do that based on my wardrobe. I am so not hip and trendy.

I also am phasing out my dell laptop for a Mac mini desktop computer. Instead of writing everything on my couch, I'm now on a desk! I've had a few hiccups trying to figure things out, like, my transferred docs not saving (restarting the computer fixed that) but now it's not printing. I'm not frustrated, not yet, but if this is what life is going to be like for the next week, I'm going to scream.

Also, I see that Pages has a screenwriting template, but so far as I know, the keyboard shortcuts are not at all like Final Draft, and that is making me very sad.

But gosh darn it, I am trying to stay positive!

I might go sing my troubles away with Glow tonight. And that thought makes me happy. And cookies with Phoenix and the Boys Whom We Adore is gonna happen one of these days. Our opposing schedules almost seem to be at war with one another. Truce, Tracy! Truce!

1 comment:

Play nice.