"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The New Girl on The Blog

I just found out that fellow college classmate [from just a few short years ago (hack, cough!)] Julie just had a baby boy and Kylie just announced her pregnancy.

Friend Megan just got engaged.

My two cousins are getting married this year within two months of each other. They are both younger than me.

When I had dinner with my Aunt the other night, she sighed that everyone seems to be dying. Not to worry, Aunt Sira, everyone over here is pregnant. Or getting married so they can get pregnant.

Everyone.

My BFF Sarah (I was a bridesmaid in her wedding last year (sigh)) who received Teacher of the Year and her pink slip on the Very Same Day, has some more free time on her hands, and has noticed the same thing I did: we are not pregnant. And perhaps we want to be.

Meet Lady Blah Blah (Another indication of why we've been friends for 15 years is her same love of puns!)

Root her on. She's a dang funny lady. And she should be teaching your kids. But she can't cause of the state budget crisis! Root for her. Cheer for her. She needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.