"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hell Hath No Fury

I get absolutely pissed when I am being taken advantage of. Especially when it comes to acting stuff, as my faithful readers well know.

The latest was a breakdown I had submitted myself for, for "Cosmetics Company." They were looking for models with great skin. Well! Submit away I did!

I got a note regarding a project from them this morning, which read:

Hi,

Below are all the details:

Cosmetic Company Casting Female Models of All Ages

The e.l.f. Cosmetic company is casting females to represent their line in 2010.

Compensation: $1000 plus generous make-up package. Travel paid.

Females of all ages can apply. 4 models chosen in each of the following age categories-

teens, 20's, 30's and 40 plus.

More details and application are on their
site:

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/beautyatallages.asp

- Amy

Now, I'm already annoyed because what is this on here about an "application"? Didn't I ALREADY APPLY by submitting for your project?

So you click on the above url and what happens? You get rerouted to exploremodeling.com. Now, if you've been in LA long enough, you know that exploremodeling sounds a lot like exploretalent.com, which is a scam. Further investigation and it seems that yes indeed, exploremodeling is a sister company which requires you to pay to be registered and blah blah blah.

So I am pissed. The breakdown is fake! It's spam designed to get you on another submission website which no casting directors are on! I replied to "Amy" that I believed it was such and was contacting breakdowns to alert them.

Breakdowns thanked me for letting them know and her account has been removed. I hate being preyed upon.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for reporting them! I don't understand how all of these scams are able to survive for so long without being shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good on you for being smart, on the ball, and reporting their shady asses.

    damn straight.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.