"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, March 27, 2009

Oooh! An Audition!

This casting director in particular keeps calling me in, even though I never get called back. So I'm hoping that she likes me and it's just the directors who don't. Or maybe she keeps forgetting that she keeps bringing me in and I suck at all these characters I read for. At any rate, the office is in my old hollywood hood, so I know where to park without having to pay for it. Which, in H'wood, is a very good thing.

It's for a short that pays $100/day, deferred, that really means $0/day. Deferred is a magic word that means, "IF we ever make money from this short [which is impossible], we'll pay you!" But they sent over the script and it's cute. One of my goals this year is to have a few separate reels. I have one now that has both my comedic and dramatic, but I'd rather have a minute's worth of each. I think there's a few comedic gems I could use for a reel from this short if I book it, ya dig? At any rate, I'm going out for:

LISA
Female, early to mid 20's, open ethnicity. An art student who is crazy
about her art. She is warm, friendly, and attractive.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.