"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Day in The Life

The Sky News reporter and her crew followed me around yesterday. Want to know what we did?

9:45am they arrive. We do a couple shots (film, not tequila) of me writing, grabbing a headshot and leaving my apartment.

10:45, I audition for IHOP. They interviewed me the entire ride there. Felt really bad for Paul the cameraman, as he's like, 7'4 (they were ALL really tall!) and had to fold in half in order to hop in the backseat of my Echo and film.

12:45 I go visit my mom, we touch upon her for a bit, then they head off to an afternoon at the Oscar Ballot Accountants. I take my mom out for coffee and cake and we have a really good time. She has a sense of humor, that lady. I learned a few family secrets, most importantly that I am actually adopted. I point out to her, however, that since I am pretty much her carbon copy and have photographs and a sketched portrait to prove it (Antne's first portrait of me looked like he had drawn Mom's face on my body). She says, oh, well, maybe it's not true then.

4:30, The crew is back and we film a bit of me being coached by Amy Lyndon.

5:00 We head over to my producing partner April's so we can chat about the webseries we created.

6 we drive to my work and get a couple shots of me talking to guests. They finish up and we are finally done.

They were up the entire day after having flown in the night before. They were go, go, go from the very beginning and didn't get a chance to even eat for almost 12 hours. Such lovely, lovely people. I asked the reporter if "BFF" was a term used in the UK and it's not (they do have tweenagers there, right?) so I explained to her that that was what we are now.

All of this for a 1.5-2 min segment!

But it's not just a 2 minute segment, you know?  I had a crew follow me around because they thought my struggle was interesting. They thought my passion was commendable. They thought I was brilliant.

I am brilliant.

wow.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating! Your life seems so full of excitement! These are the things that motivate me to graduation.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.