"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Week!

Almost 600 people checked out this here little blog last Wednesday alone when the video went up on Sky News. Still kind of blown away.

I figured there would be a bit of a lull after it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My friend Dan is coming over tomorrow to hash out script plot points for a feature, and he's going to give me a crash course in Animation voice over, as he wants me to work with him on a few small cartoons he's writing and producing. And this Friday I'm going to be meeting the writers and production team for the pilot presentation I'm working on. Wait, let me rephrase that: The pilot presentation I'm starring in.
Yes. That feels better. In fact, that feels pretty darn awesome.

Having the Best Week Ever last week let me catch my breath and appreciate everything that was happening. It was a lot of luck, yes, but if I hadn't been writing this blog for a year, if I hadn't been writing a webseries, if I hadn't kept putting myself out there, I wouldn't have had all these opportunities.

There is something to be said for those of us who create our own luck. And I say it in my new Backstage article. 

If you want something badly enough, you will find and create the opportunities to make it happen. Some people don't believe in luck, but believe in being ready when the opportunities come. Get a head start and make those opportunities happen yourself. You might just find the entire United Kingdom wanting to know more about you.

4 comments:

  1. "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."
    ~Will Rogers

    "Big shots are little shots who keep shooting."
    ~Christopher Marley

    "Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it, and I'm afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: hard work - and realising what is opportunity and what isn't."
    ~Lucille Ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly made your own luck!

    Congrats and keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.