"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, March 19, 2010

Jessica Simpson: Your New Career Path

Just finished Beth Shea's blog about how everyone should do what they do best, and she mentioned Jessica Simpson needing to stop with the romantic comedies.

I agree!

But not because we hate her. On the contrary, we both really like her!

I LOVE Jessica Simpson. The girl can SING! And she has a square jaw line, (which makes me think of my sister, so I'll probably always have a soft spot for her) but I had so much respect for her on several episodes of Newlyweds when I saw that she was on camera with NO MAKEUP.

The girl is breathtaking!

I like the idea of her new reality show, going around the world taking a look at what makes people beautiful in different cultures. I love whoever designs her shoes. I liked her tasty makeup which was way too pricey for the market she was targeting.

I want Jessica Simpson to expand her brand to feeling good! I want Jessica Simpson to embark on some type of show/junior high/high school circuit where she helps young women build self-esteem. Everyone loves makeovers, but I want make-unders! Where we take the girl in the too revealing clothes and too much makeup and show her how to respect herself so others will respect her, and to prove it with still sexy, but modest clothing, and how makeup is best applied when highlighting one feature! Watch Jessica Simpson help sell Girl Scout cookies and explain brand marketing to fifth graders! See Jessica Simpson do what she does best: be herself! And then, cause she's so darn good at it, have her perform a song on each episode that can then be compiled into an album.

Jessica Simpson seems like your bubbly fun friend who learns something new on every adventure. She's down to earth, funny, and endearing.

Jessica, you're most winsome when you're yourself. Just be yourself! I'll watch.

3 comments:

  1. I hate to reply to your comment on my blog on your blog, but your comment was really excellent and I wanted you to know that I thought so. What you said in such a concise way was what I took 8 paragraphs to pretty much say the same way. So, thanks for the comment and I totally agree!

    As for Miss Jessica... I think most people knock it out of the ballpark when they play to their strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! Dammit Lira, you're way nicer than me! And thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to agree that she is amazing to take us on this journey with her. I love that you focus on her growth. A woman who is responsible with the burdensome task of influence is beautiful in my book everyday:) Thanks for this post!

    xBRB

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.