"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Blueberry Pomegranate Sangria

I love sangria, and I've waitressed at two different places that had the most amazing ever. Until I ran into this recipe, which my darling Glow discovered at Bonaroo. Now, the best thing about this drink is how unbelievably cheap it is to make! In fact, a lot of you probably already have it in your house.

For sangria, I would say make a shit ton of it! That stuff is GOOD. But the best part of this recipe is you can easily just make a glass of it if you wish. It's THAT easy!

Ready?

Glow's Blueberry Pomegranate Sangria
1 part red wine (use charles shaw, use pinot, use franzia - we don't care!)
1 part coca-cola

Okay, there's actually some name for this, but I can't remember and when Glow told me the ingredients, I was just as incredulous as you are now. In fact, that expression you're wearing? I had it too. But then I tasted it. It tastes like Blueberries! It tastes like Pomegranate ! It tastes like Sangria!

And if you make that, and tell your friends the name of the drink without telling them the ingredients, they seriously would compliment on all the hard work you must've put into it. Cause it is amazing. AMAZING.
Di-J, I hope you try this. I think you'll really like it. And Ashley, I bet you could triple step it out and make some great summer tapas to go with it! JenniPatti- it'll make DC less lonely, and Tracy, nix the wine and you got yourself a declicious virgin drink!

See? I'm a giver. I give.

4 comments:

  1. what what what what what??? this is the best recipe post ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! Tell me when Sangria comes in the non-alcoholic version and we'll party.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.