"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Everything I Learned About Modeling

I learned from Tyra Banks. Thanks Ty-Ty!

Got the six prints from Jason D, the photographer I shot with on Thursday. A very important lesson was learned: When I believe my face looks sexy, I really just look mean. So that means I have to now PRACTICE making sexy faces in the mirror so I know what it looks like. Isn't being a struggling actress crazy? At any rate, this is my favorite shot.

The photographer was very interested in the juxtaposition of the black chaise with the white drop cloth and back drop. They came out very stylized, very cool.

But yeah, I'm definitely going to have to work more on my "sexy face."

portrait copyrighted by Jason Dunlap

2 comments:

Play nice.