"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Pre-Lim Meeting

It was a lot of talking on the jr agent's part. She explained how they worked, how they expected their clients to work, the production climate right now and what to expect.

When she asked me what questions I had, I said, "Tell me about a few of the most recent bookings."

It's a co-star agency it seems. That's what their people get out and book. 5 lines or less. And what's unsettling is that that is actually better than where I'm at now.

Oy vey. The outlook is not good, but as one person said, it's not like it can get any worse. Fair enough. It really can't. There's only going to be more productions starting and casting. And let's just hope that's freaking soon.

She typed me as being able to play 16 on certain shows. "Hannah Montana, not so much, but 16 on 90210, definitely." And I thought, really? Strange, and then I looked up one of the series regulars, and although most of them are early 20s, one is 29. Playing high school. So, you know, you NEVER know. You just never do.

She said that they'd contact me by the end of the week, and if they didn't, to call them. Which seems weird. If you aren't excited enough to call me to say, hey, let's work together! Then why would I want to be with your agency?

The whackadoodliness that's Hollywood never ends, my friends, it never ends.

1 comment:

Play nice.