"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Pre-Lim Meeting = Why?

I have a preliminary meeting with Baron Entertainment today in about an hour. Why a pre-lim? I've no idea. Are they to meet me to make sure I look like my picture? To discover that I can indeed be on time for appointments ? To see if I lied about my height and weight on my resume (Ha! They can't! I never put it on there!)

I talked to an old college classmate who is with them and got his take on the agency....He said he wouldn't be there if he wasn't friends with one of the agents. Well, I completely understand that! If I had a friend who was an agent, you can rest assured that I would milk that - uh - nurture that relationship as much as I could. I'd be submitted on everything! Maybe even pitched.

At any rate,
The manager I had a 2nd meeting with yesterday had me come allll the way down to his Bev Hills address to quickly meet with me only to tell me that when I had told him that I still had other people to meet with, it was a thing that made him go hmmmm, cause he offered to rep me on the spot, and then at the meeting yesterday told me that he wasn't exactly rescinding his offer, as he was 99.99% sure that he wanted to work with me, but that he had set up a meeting with someone else as he thought I was just nicely passing him off. He said he'd call me today to let me know. See me? This is me not holding my breath. I mean, I'm happy that he's really set on only bringing on one person, and that he was still interviewing cadidates - it shows he's a business man - but why does .01% hold him back? Ah well, I was never too good at math anyways.

Time to blow dry this hair and smear on some makeup! Let's get PRETTY!

2 comments:

  1. He sounds like he's full of shit!!!! Maybe he's a good manager, I have no idea, but that's really strange and it sounds like he's playing mind games and that's not ok.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.