"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What to Do with Your Free Time

Not much to report on this end as auditions aren't happening because I'm booked out from 8/28 - 9/10.

In the meantime, I've been spending all my time getting ready for the desert camping trip we're embarking on and couldn't be more giddy. I'll also be officiating the marriage between my friends Eric and Megan, and am meeting her family tonight and going over the ceremony. You want to know what's great about marrying people? The whole entire ceremony and entire party and guests are there because two people fell in love. It's an exciting thing, and the love is palpable. Everyone is happy.

I also didn't want to leave you lovely readers in a lurch and have a few guest bloggers writing posts for me with stories I know you're going to love. Just cause my person goes on vacation doesn't mean my blog does!

In between all the packing, I found an old necklace of my mother's, with turquoise colored beads and want to go and buy some pale yellow ribbon so I can make this. So cute, huh? Perfect for fall!














And if you're like me, you probably have a few t-shirts from plays/films that you did and no longer know what to do with. Now you do! 















Have I ever mentioned how much I love mobiles? I do. In college, I bought a box of those cocktail umbrellas that usually adorn mai tais and pina coladas and hung them all up and watched them float above my bed. And since everyone I know is now pregnant, wouldn't this be a fun little thing to make for all the future babies?







And since it's never too early to think about crafting Christmas gifts, I found this and want to make it! Of course, I might just see if I can do the whole thing against another piece of felt and hot glue a pin backing or something, but can you imagine how fun this would be?








That's it for me here. Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Play nice.