"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, March 26, 2010

Date Night!

My work has not scheduled me on a weekend shift for the last 4 weeks, and I've only been given two shifts a week for the last two weeks. They're saying that everyone is going to be cut down, but the schedule is posted for all to see, and I just so happen to have two eyes. Infer what you will, but I get tipped very well by my customers, have rapport with repeat guests, and do one hell of a damned good job. So I am very confused.

So! If you hear of any jobs in the valley, let me know. If you need a proofreader/editor, I am so your gal. If you know Mindy Kaling, please pass on to her that I'd love to be mentored by her, as I'm pretty sure her management deleted my email. If you know of a studio who wants to be pitched a very funny racy television series, could you help me get a meeting? If you need a fun actress to be in your project, could you call me? I'm not that bad. I'm actually pretty good!

But now that I have my weekends free again, and Antne got a new gig (It's across the pond, so he's now an International Illustrating Genius!) we're going out on a date tonight! We watched an episode of Mad Men a few nights ago and Miss Holloway was eating Chinese food and we realized, Hey! We haven't had Chinese in a real long while. Good Chinese in LA is hard to find. In the Bay Area, walk to any strip mall and it's the most amazing cuisine. But here?

Then we'll go see How To Train Your Dragon. Now, because it's a cartoon, and Antne is an illustrator, he can write off his ticket as research!

Remember when I said that whenever I schedule a hike with JenIsBetterThanAndreaAnders, we get auditions? Well! She emailed me the other day saying she averaged two auditions a day all this week and is on avail for two! Keep your fingers crossed she gets both of them! I need to schedule hikes with her more often! ...We just gotta figure out what we gotta do to get her more theatrical auditions....

Oh, and for me too.

I went on my hike yesterday by myself and ran into none other than friend, fan, and follower, Kris! We've actually known each other for years, and he introduced me to his friend Amiee (they were walking her puppy,  the cutest ugly dog. seriously. paradox, I know, but Bella is the CUTEST ugly dog) and he said he had turned her on to this here little blog. They made me feel famous.

It's wonderful to see that even though LA has a 30 mile radius, and several million people, it really is such a small town.

Have yourselves a lovely date night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.