"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Remembering to Keep Hydrated

On sets, helpful PAs and ADs will always ask if you'd like water. And I usually say, oh, no thanks, when I really should say, yes, because acting on set is a lot like flying coast to coast or internationally. You forget to drink liquids!
I was so dehydrated yesterday, that after eleven hours of crying, I couldn't do it anymore. Talked to DJ who had to cry in a play night after night after night, and she suggested I keep drinking chicken broth throughout the day which makes complete sense as I'm drinking water and replenishing the salt I lose through all the tears.

I have to be on set very soon again, and I still have to brush my teeth and moisturize. In the meantime, I give you the webseries my very talented co-star is in. He's the brunet. Handsome, no?

Pictures soon. Hopefully Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. pictures NOW! Ok, maybe Saturday. Want to see costumes ::whine whine::

    Oh, and CONGRATS on your booking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Keep us update on how this goes. It must be nice to spend the summer (or part of it) doing what you love! I am trying too... just gotta figure out what that is first. Modeling? Writing? Photographing and exploring Boston? The world may never know.

    Speaking of love.. let's talk about acting. Why do you love it? How did you know/decide you wanted to do it professionally? Tell us. It's always interesting to hear some back story. Struggling Actress back story even more so.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.