"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

FREE CLASS! 5 Spaces left!

So I've got five spaces left for the free class being offered to my readers and I realized I didn't write WHY I like this class so much.

Ready? Let's go!

When it comes to auditioning for the small stuff, the independent stuff, the stuff they audition over at CAZT, I know I can pretty much rock it out if the material is halfway decent. If it's bad, it's really hard for me. I'm not that good, you know? So I'm pretty confident in my small stuff auditioning skills because the people I'm competing against are new. They're green. They still need a few more years before they'll be at my level. For the indie stuff, I'm kinda top tier.

For the network, studio backed stuff, I'm nowhere NEAR the level I need to be. And why should I be? I've had 3 auditions for sitcom/drama television shows the entire time I've been out here. I did well enough on one to get to producer callbacks, I did not so good on another, and pretty much bombed the other one. Why? Because everything was different. The rooms are different, the people are different, and casting needs me to be at the level everyone else is and I know I'm not. I'm excited to get seen, but it's pretty obvious I lucked out on these auditions and they know it. It's a different technique for characters I'm not used to, and my college training only went so far.


William O'Leary does not teach you how to act. That's not the approach he takes at all. He teaches you WHAT to act. He comes at everything from the network executive's perspective: Is this person going to make me money if I cast them in my show? Is your work compelling enough to have 20 million people watch it and buy the products that air during the commercials?

William O'Leary is not a talent manager or agent teaching a class. He has been working for so long, you grew up watching him. He's still working on tv today. His methods work. They WORK.

It's an on camera class, and at my first one with him, I felt pretty darn good about my audition work. When everyone finished, he gave us notes and we watched the tape. After that, we worked the scene and he teaches you how to break down every scene for every show that, trust me, is like magic. We had time to tape our worked on auditions again, so we did. You guys, the difference in my two takes were astronomical. I went from having a pretty good audition to having one that immediately screamed I was a professional who's been working on network shows for years. I had an audition that looked like I could be booked immediately off the tape. And that's the audition I WANT casting to see.

I don't have to be intimidated in the waiting room of these major casting directors anymore. I know what they need and I'm the actor who's going to give it to them.

Do you want to be the actor who's going to give them what they need too?

Email me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.