"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Where Have You Been!?

Hello my darlings! I know, I know, you're mad at me cause I left and didn't say where I was going. Well, okay, here's the weird thing - I didn't actually go Anywhere! I've been swamped with class, rehearsals, writing a personal project, and shooting a pilot for a webseries! I know, right?!?

All whilst looking for a survival job that doesn't involve refilling anymore gosh darned diet cokes, cause the money isn't what it used to be, and those jobs have been crushing my soul for a while.

I'm currently interviewing for a very part time admin job that would allow me to scurry off to auditions (in this town, finding a job like that is practically impossible) and it's for a company I really like and believe in.  And if ya'll know of any other jobs a lady of my skill set would be great at (uh oh- is a degree in pretend limiting my career opportunities?!) do send along any thoughts and suggestions.

We shot the webseries pilot over the weekend, and co-star David H Lawrence XVII, who you've seen on Lost and Heroes kept eyeing me until he said, "Were you in the Haunting of Winchester House?" I was recognized! For a really bad B movie I swear no one else besides my family has seen. He said he thought I was very good in it. Well, I'll take that, Thanks David!

This webseries, called "Busted," is a comedy in the over the top vein. The goofier faces, and bigger reactions, the funnier it was. A teeny tiny crew and two mornings, and we were done! They're hoping on a finished edit by next week, so if they post it, ya'll know I'll show it to you.

Annnnnnnd that's about all I can write for today. I need to have some lunch before heading off to Westwood for a rehearsal and then rushing back to the valley for class.

I still have TWO spots open for the Wed free class that's at 6-8, tomorrow. You want in, email me!

Oh! And if you haven't yet, you can click on that Blogger's Choice icon at the top right and vote for this blog to win! I'm up to 6! SIX!!! That's two more than I thought I'd get!

Have a lovely Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Actually, any time there's a scary movie night, I always recommend your "bad B movie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever do promo work? Sometimes its really great and pays well and other times it really sucks. You just need to be in contact with the right companies. Its flexible and you can pick and choose which jobs you want. That's how I get by when I need more money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Promo work? For like, clubs and stuff? Like, loud music and requiring me to wear high heels? And smarmy drunk guys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no no. Not that. Ewww yuck! Well sometime liquor promo at lounge or dive bars but those can be fun sometimes. :) Some other things I've done are Illy Coffee, Lamborghini, Panasonic, Tj Maxx... the good one's like these pay $20-$35 hour and I've been paid up to a $1000/8 (Thank you Audi and Panasonic!) Its not steady work, but its sure good when it comes around! If you really are interested, I can see which of the NY companies are also in LA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, YES PLEASE! Thanks for looking out for me, Kristin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!! I was just looking over the comments. Okay, give me a few days to see if there is some stuff I can email you and then I will!!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.