"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Voices in My Head

My mother is schizophrenic.  She hears voices in her head as if people are in the room talking to her. Scary, right? Cause I've heard voices in my head. I mean, I know mental illness is hereditary, (yay!) but the voices I heard were just one voice. And it wasn't scary.

I wrote about the two instances I heard the Voice.

Have you heard voices?

4 comments:

  1. Cool post. Those sound like good voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great article!! You're very in tune with yourself. When I ignore the voices, or my intuition, I start getting dreams. I had a certain dream that prompted me buy a ticket to New York the next morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely hear voices. And since they don't tell me to kill the neighbors or small children I have started to trust them...and they have yet to let me down. Listen to them, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, voices aside - how are you? Haven't seen you in my neck of the words (Kid.. Blog) in a while.. hope all is going well, acting-wise, life-wise and other-wise, you-wise.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.