"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Tech Savvy Struggling Actress

My boyfriend told me the other day, "Yeah, you can totally do a vlog with Quicktime," and my response to that was, "Whaaaaa!?"

(I am the daughter of a Silicon Valley computer programmer so I never had to learn anything that had to do with computers because my dad fixed everything for me. Luckily, my BFF is a digital artist, so he knows lots of things involving initials like psd, jpg, rgb, etc. etc. )

There's this joke I found that goes, "My boyfriend got me How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse and inscribed it with, 'Because I care.' That's love." (ah, romance!)  I just added a few things to make it a monologue. Wanna see? Of course you do!

This is me with no makeup! And mussed hair! And my new favorite monologue! And all I did was record myself and upload it to YouTube. For those struggling actresses out there who need SOMETHING for your reel, why not do this? It's so easy!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. "Because...that's love. THAT'S love."

    Priceless. You're gonna get me in trouble at work if you keep posting these. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.