"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Reminders

One of the things that's great about Los Angeles, is the constant reminders of how lucky I am to be auditioning. I like the relaxed pace of the valley, the families and schools and gourmet frozen yogurt that is Studio City, but when I'm driving and auditioning for commercials and films, I get to see things most people don't.


via

Like Downtown. I love Downtown. I love all Downtowns. The high rises, the valets, the old hotels; I love how Downtown has such rich history. To this day I marvel at how the sky is scraped by such height. How there's so many busy people, so many theaters, so many fancy dinners being had. Love it.









via

If I have an audition at Fifth Street Studios, I love taking the crosswalk and seeing the ocean. The ocean. It's right friggin there. And if I want to, I can go ahead and walk right to it and dip my feet in.












And, of course, if I'm driving home from Ivar, I always catch a glimpse of The Sign.
via


May you always feel inspired on your job interviews too.

1 comment:

  1. Love it. This post (and particularly the shot of the ocean) just made me breathe in so deeply.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.