"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hells Yeah!

My friend Jen called me up and said she loved what I was doing with the blog, but that she hated the energy the word "struggling," had. Aw, Jen! I said, I don't plan on struggling forever - I already have it in my mind that I will continue blogging from my trailer on set, still with "the struggling actress" as my moniker. I envision great things for myself. I have to. We all have to.

And the small rewards are actually pretty big. For instance, I can Netflix myself! And that feels pretty darn good.

So will I always be The Struggling Actress? Sure, because one must never forget where they came from. But will I always be a struggling actress? No way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.