"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Support Group I Didn't Realize I Had


So yeah, there I was being all bummed and sad and aggravated how my last acting gig was in January, (and the air date is STILL tbd) and I was feeling a bit depressed. My lovely friend Phoenix has always been quick with the phone calls and emails and dinner invites. So thank you my dear. And even CarterArtist had a very logical way of reminding me that sometimes (and here's a fun example for you) if you really want an iPhone, a Sidekick just aint gonna cut it. Look at me, being all gadget techy for you guys!
And Ashley, my favorite triple stepper, helped me get my chin up, and reminded me that her angel food cake recipe would be a very fun and healthy way for my tummy to feel good.

So thank you, my dear readers and friends. It's been a bit stressful and sad, but the only way I should ever feel really defeated is if I ever give up on myself.

1 comment:

Play nice.