"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Naked!


In regards to the post directly below this one, Boston Blond asked me, How do struggling/ undiscovered actresses generally feel about [nudity]?

Well, we generally feel a couple different ways about it. Although actresses are narcissistic to a fault, it's really only a front due to all our intense, crippling low-self esteem. We hate our bodies, no matter how thin we are. So a lot of us will Not do nudity because we are too terrified to do it.

There are some actresses who Will do nudity because, it's just a body, so who cares? I envy those girls. What a way to live!

There are some girls who will not do nudity for SAG low budget -which means that a film is made under a certain amount of money, so the minimum day rate a SAG actor can make is $100/day. In fact, for full budget productions, actresses who do go nude get a pretty big pay bump for it. There's also body doubles. For instance, I did a horror film in 04, and in 07, when we were doing reshoots (the project is as good as dead to me, but the people behind it tell me they're really close to distribution, so I keep calling it the project that will not die, since we started in 04, did reshoots in 06, AND 07) they asked me if I would be willing to show my boobs in it. Not at all. So they hired a body double for me. I really hope the film screens somewhere. I'd love to see how big my boobs are. I imagine they're going to be great. At any rate, you gotta pay higher than SAG minimum for these girls' bodies.

Now, if you're getting naked for art's sake, and it helps push the story along, further the plot, and show a needed vulnerability to a character, (which just about never happens in small films the struggling actress is apart of) I am among the category of actresses who would say okay to that. For instance, in the film "Great Expectations," we see Gwyneth Paltrow get naked. Kinda necessary to the plot. And Kate Winslet in Titanic and Little Children was necessary for the character. Her nakedness in The Reader seemed a little gratuitous, but man, if I had her ass, I'd show it off too.

For the breakdown below, the non-union film says that it has locked down world-wide distribution, and the film is being shot in 3D, yet they're only paying their actors a measly $75-200/day. That's complete bullshit. You work on a non-union film shoot, and you're most likely working at least 10-14 hours with no overtime. And showing your boobies. in 3-D. Your boobs will have people trying to touch them while wearing their ridiculous 3D glasses. It's a 3 dimensional jiggly sex film.

And my boobs are worth waaaay more than that in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.