"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blindsided Clip

I worked on a short film last year where I played a woman so nervous for her first date ever, that she drank a little too much alcohol to steady herself. This was probably one of the hardest scripts I ever dealt with, as the dialogue didn't flow, but was more staccato, with new thought processes being born from the middle of other thoughts. It was really hard to make natural, as I still had to think about being just tipsy enough, and engaging the guy opposite me, as well as being extremely shy, awkward, hating every minute of the date, but really wanting this guy's approval, while realizing, wow, so not ready to date yet.

It's called Blindsided.

4 comments:

  1. This is great!! You're natural, charming - you made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The description sounded like a tough one, but I think mission accomplished! This was great, it was super natural I thought it was improv verses scripted lines... Nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awkward scenes are always the most fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Play nice.