"The label you give yourself cannot impact external forces that are not motivated by your own psychology or influenced by a third party's pre-existing consciousness of you. We are all presented with reasons to struggle which come from completely external forces; to pretend that one is not struggling is either arrogance or an admission of defeat. To admit that one is struggling is a sign and a source of strength." - Evan A. Baker

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Oooh! An Audition!

I am going out for:

ELLA: Attractive Female / 22 to 26 / 5'7' to 5'9' / Hair Length Medium to Long, Any Color but Black or Platinum Blonde Preferred / Fair Complexion / Subtle Rockabilly or Punk a Plus

So yeah, this little short wants to cast a LOOK. But I'm of the school that looks are secondary and talent is first. I really should drop out of this school of thinking cause really, I should know by now that that is Hollywood, and Image Is Everything!
They're also holding auditions in the banquet room of a restaurant, which, let's be completely honest here, one should never bother with. But I thought, well, it's only 4 miles away from me, and I get a chance to dress up.
Subtle rockabilly. Hmm. What does that mean? Well, here's my take on it: liquid eyeliner with wings, dark shadow in the crease of my eyes and I'm wearing a light pink lipstick, but I think I might dot it up with a little red. Oh, and my hair's straight and I tried to achieve that rockabilly bump thing, but damnit, straight hair is really hard to figure out.

I might even wear my new boots. Yeah! And fishnets! Yow! Jean jacket? YES! See? Halloween in July!
Oh, and PS: I'm so not 5'7-5'9. Why the height requirement? Will I be wearing a full body costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice.